Friday, September 14, 2007

Kibble and Bits

I'm still on this greyhound racing thing. I did the unthinkable today. I opened an account to bet online. Racing starts tonight at 7:30p EST.

Typing of greyhounds - There are all these great rescue programs out there were you can adopt the used(?) racers. Dogs like to fuck with you. All dog owners know what I'm talking about - your cute little pumpkin gets out of the front door and starts hauling ass down the street while you try your damnedest to chase him/her down. Understand that there is no way in hell I will get another dog (right now) but I was still visualizing owning one of those retired, unwanted, so-scrawny-it's-scary dogs in my head. What the fuck would I (or anyone for that matter) do if it got out and ran?

Mama's Is's are all getting along well (I call them my Is's - IsIS, OsirIS and AnubIS - when I leave the house I say "Kisses for Mama's Is's." I love my chitlins.). Siris and Nubis rough house together. Nubis and Isis play tug or way with the rope. It really is precious.

I have now been officially ordained by the Universal Life Church. My grandma was none too happy of this decision. She asked me what my duties were as minister. Huh? "Your responsibilities to the church," she says. I tried to pull something out of my ass as not to flat out tell her I did it because I was green with envy because one of my peers possessed something I did not. She asked if it was all just a big joke. I told her I could marry people, left out the part about baptising, then changed the subject. On a lighter note, I think I should be sainted - I've adopted as many children as Angelina Jolie.

Times are tough. I've been looking to supplement my income. I figured between dog racing and my new holy position I would be able to produce a little change. I got up yesterday morning and as I was watching my morning show, the Daily Buzz, where they summarized this article: www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/103-09122007-1406212.html. Where does this leave me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.