Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Long time no blog..

I’m sorry for depriving everyone of my glorious presence for so long. I’ve been ‘ever’ so busy that I haven’t had time to reach out to my fans. By ‘ever’ I mean the horribly addicting game of EverQuest 2, also known in some circles as EverCrack. A few exes back got me hooked on it a couple of years ago. I took a lengthy hiatus from it but have returned with a vengeance. It’s bloody ridiculous the amount of time I’ve spent on that game. Ludicrous I tell you! I’ve quit watching TV. I’ve quit Harry Potter. It’s just me and EverCrack now, however, true to my nature, I’m starting to get tired of it (I’ve been playing for about 3 months), so I’m looking for my next fix. Suggestions?

I have been trying to do some reading – usually at work since I don’t have access to the game. Currently in the book bag - Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. I’ve been debating as to whether or not to recap this one in a D’s Book Club post (let me know if you want one). I must say I find this book very fascinating. Some of the concepts in the book are quite abstract but the scary thing is most of the concepts make sense. Now I am in no shape or form ready to quit my daily drug cocktail, however, I have been thinking about the possibilities of utilizing Dianetics in my life AND taking my scripts. Theoretically, I would be floating on Cloud Nine. Therefore I am going to try to find and erase all of the engrams which hinder my day to day life, ultimately making me a more rounded individual. I promise I will try not to get a ‘Scientolobatamy’ as Michelle calls it.

Boy it really has been a while. My mind is swimming in various rivers containing information I would like to express my opinion about but where to begin?

BRAD RENFROE
Horrific. It’s come out that he died of an accidental drug overdose of heroin. This absolutely breaks my heart. 25 years old – same age as my beloved Sean. They will never age.

HEATH LEDGER
This was shocking. Did you see the amount of shit he had in his system? He was toe’ the fuck up when we went out. Dayum.

BRITNEY SPEARS
..is a mess. Initially I thought she and her actions were truly pathetic but the media has really done a good job making me sympathetic toward her. I can’t even classify her as a train wreck because ‘train wreck’ does not express the magnitude of her fucked-up-ed-ness. Every train in North America would need to collide in order to come close to the monstrosity that is her existence. She is in desparate need of mental/medical help. She has spiriled herself into another dimension.

BARACK OBAMA/HILLARY CLINTON
My personal feeling is that if a democrat takes the White House after the next election there will be an assassination attempt on the new President. I'm sure there's some radical extremist in Arkansas who doesn’t want an woman or African American president. I don’t think my grandmother is ready for the latter. I was having dinner with the fam a few weeks ago and the dinner conversation turned toward politics.

DAD: What do you think about Obama?
GMA: I don’t think he should be in the White House. How can he expect to have foreign leaders at the White House after he’s had one of those big parties where they play all that loud music.
DAD: Mom, I’m sure his Black friends are doctors and lawyers.
GMA: Yeah, but they always have people like that in the back.
Danielle then puts her head down in an attempt to hide the tears of hysteria in her eyes.
Basically, Grandma thinks there’s gonna be a barbeque on the north lawn of the White House, stocked full of chicken wings, chitlins and collard greens, with a bit of the Wu-Tang playing in the background as the guests arrive in their dubbed out Escalades, bringing cases of O.E., and wearing more bling than what can be bought at Tiffany’s. Oh my.

I was at the almighty Wal-Mart last week when I decided to pick up a few Start Trek TNG movies (only $7.50 a piece!). I bought Star Trek – Nemesis, which I had never seen. It’s was freaking great! It was like watching a long lost episode I’d never seen. I was giddy.

That’s it for now. I’m off to amazon.com in search of Star Trek TNG Season 3 as well as Tom Cruise’s biography by Andrew Morton. XENU HERE I COME!

No comments: