Monday, August 25, 2008

Yahyah, Minister

Both sides of my family are classic Jerry Springer cases.

I may have already posted this but let me give you some background on my uncle David (my Daddy's brother) and his family.

We *think* my uncle David is gay and hiding deep within the closet. About 15 years ago he impregnated and married a woman by the name of Tara. This was Tara's 2nd marriage and child. Her first husband's name was Aziz and he was an extremely wealthy, hard core Muslim man who was from and lived in Morocco. Together they had a son, Yahyah, who had the nickname Tweety, which is what we called him when he was younger although I have no idea why. When Tara married my uncle, she forfeited the alimony she was receiving from Aziz.

Fast forward to about 10 years ago - Tara and my uncle decide to get divorced. Tara moved her and the two boys up to Massachusetts. The two brothers attended a Muslim school up in New England. My cousin, Justin (the spawn of David and Tara), was about 5 years old when Tara announced she would no longer be Tara. She would be having a sex change and she would be going by the name of Ty.

David and his 'friend' Tim moved up to Massachusetts about 5 years ago so David could be close to his only son (By the way - at this time Massachusetts was the only state to allow same sex marriages. Coincidence?). David, Tim, Ty (formerly known as Tara) and Ty's girlfriend (I guess Ty/he/she turned into a straight man) all have a good, albeit non-traditional, family relationship.

Needless to say, Aziz did not like the fact his former wife was now a he and started sending the child support he paid for their son directly to Yahyah. As stated before, Aziz is a filthy rich and a hard core Muslim. David told me when they visited him in Morocco many a year ago, someone would ask how his (Aziz's) day was and he'd reply in Arabic, "It was a good day. A Jew died today." <--- I hear this is the same as, "Good thanks and yourself?" in the Arab world.

Yahyah is now 17 and just moved off to attend a state university in North Carolina. Dad, of course, is paying for his son to attend college, as Aziz is under the impression that Yahyah is going to school to become a lawyer. This is not the case. Apparently Yahyah will be majoring in Conflict and Peace Negotiations (who knew there was a major for that?) and his higher goal is to become a Unitarian minister.

Facinating.

No comments: