Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Just Title Blank

God do I love blogging in bed. This is great. He's off doing his thing and I get to stay home and do what I want to do - nada. I've been sleeping tons - too much really - but I love to sleep. Jeff had to wake me up the other night because I was having a nightmare - shaking, mumbling - Exorcist-like shit I'm sure.

School is starting to freak me out. I've been getting my assignments done early - I submitted one last night that isn't due until NEXT Saturday. I have 2 assignments for one class and 3 for the other before finals. It's gone so fast. January is gonna be hell.

I'm applying for another essay scholarship due at the end of this month. I think I can knock this in one day on one (if not more) of the following topics: 1) Your reason for deciding to join college; 2) Your chosen college major; and 3) Any reason why you deserve to receive this scholarship. Cake? Again I'm able to take bits and pieces of papers I've written this year and submit them. I had to do a paper earlier this semester where I had to write about the biggest, recent change in your life. I little tweaking, remove some of the snark, throw in some sob and I think I'm good to go. I gonna might try to get this one out today in the hopes of being proactive. I think my only problem with this will be getting it down to two pages, double spaced. I can be a bit verbose at times. This one is for a grand, which just happens to be almost the exact amount needed for my tuition for the Spring. Fingers crossed.

Erring on the side of proactive-ness, I called my mortgage companies yesterday and gave a sob story about what's going and if there's anything they can do for me. I've gotta pop up to my bank on Monday (damn, that's tomorrow) and drop off some papers. Fortunately I should know something in 7 - 10 days. My 1st mortgage on the other hand, is making me call back on December 1st as long as I don't make my payment on the 1st (thank gosh for the grace period) because they won't help you unless you have a payment due. Their turn around time is like 45 days or something. Both companies were quite nice and thankful I called before going into default. They are having a helluva a time with all the foreclosures. Granted, I've got the dough to pay but hell, if I can save $100 a month, bring it. I should start researching food stamps next. Hey - I've paid into the system for over 10 years and now it's time for me to take a piece of what's mine.

No comments: