Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grandma-ma Is Gone

Oh my, oh my, what a day Friday was. Mom came into town-ish (Brandon) and I guess the service was supposed to be at 3p. I told Mom I'd be there around 2p or so and she sounded annoyed. She has to get the hell outta there so hauled ass to Brandon - in about 25 minutes, and got to meet some people I had no idea who they were. Apparently I look like Aunt Francis. Sure thing.

Moms and I headed back to my crib on the other side of town, getting home around 12:30p, and the service had been shimmied up to 2:30p. We had just enough time to shoot the basics and had to dip out to Riverview. I had no friggin' idea where I was going. While in route, my Aunt Gina (the ex-crackhead who got off an accessory of murder charge last year) calls, from North Carolina, and says her son is lost on the interstate and needs to know where to go. We have no idea where we're going. A few seconds later GiGi called back again and I was like, "Just give him 0ur number and we'll figure it out for there." I mean for real, laying telephone over the telephone 800 miles away. Apparently Michael was already at the grave site and was the first to arrive. In the end, the great grandmother and gay great uncle were laid to rest, in their own plot next to their mom's. I took picture of the whole thing. I was kooky.

Mom left yesterday and again I shed a tear. She cleaned my bathroom for 4 hours on Sunday and we totally revamped by backyard into a backyard. So I've been milking her departure since yesterday. Shhh.

No comments: