Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Laughing Jesus

In July of last year under a post entitled No title today - just talk, I make reference to my pal Syl's wedding and a picture hanging in the house of worship:
'I thought I had actually found the church of my dreams when I looked over at a wall which I thought had a picture of Bob Marley. Unfortunately it was Jesus – I had to check. It’s quite a sight when everyone is walking out of the church and you’re walking up to the pulpit area. The pastor guy was up there and said something like, “Isn’t that a nifty picture of Jesus?” I can honestly say it was unlike any picture of Jesus I had ever seen – dude – I’m telling you he had dreads. I’m sure I’ve seen that picture on a t-shirt somewhere.'

A copy of the pic is below. It's entitled the Laughing Jesus. I still think it looks like Bob. Or maybe the Big J.C. has got perma-grin.

No comments: