Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Road Closures - UPDATED!

We heard that the people were late leaving the church (3p). When Mary said I could leave I hauled ass. As I was turning onto Lakeview I looked ahead and saw the flashing lights coming toward me. Thank goodness I left when I did! So here I am at home, doing exactly what I would be doing at work - hitting the send/receive button repetitively in the email while watching the procession online. Jeepers creepers the procession is massive. When the last car of the was leaving Idlewild the first car was passing the Dog Track (for those of you avid readers not familiar with the distances here, they are over 11 miles apart)(speaking of the Dog Track - we went Saturday night - the last night the dogs were racing EVER! D got her bet on.)). This thing is like a train wreck - I don;t understand why I;m even watching it. I simply cannot take my eyes off it (it's in picture in a picture as I type). Channel 8 has a live feed and all you hear are the camera peoples' comments - actually it's pretty funny. It would be really funny if the lead car made a wrong turn.

No comments: