Monday, September 15, 2008

Still Bored...

At least today the time flew. I slept in to 9:30a and headed to the bank, then Walmart, then the grocery store (oh yeah - I made a pit stop at McDonalds). I didn't get home until close to noon! Where does the time go? I even had lists.

When I got home I decided to go all arts and crafty. Grandma recently gave me this big knick knack holder thingy (something I really need so I can have even more crap in my office) and these two horribly gaudy (so of course I love them) lantern like chandeliers that have brown and yellow glass surrounding the iron where the light comes out. I don't think the previous owner could get them down so they came with her house. They hung in her bedroom for years until on one of her Superwoman days. She took the bitches down and they've been hanging out in the handicapped bathroom (for real - there's a roll in shower - was she planning ahead for something?) she uses for storage. I was there the other day and decided to snag them. My Man didn't seem too happy, they are quite tacky-ish and all, but I have a vision for both of these (and it's my house bitch) so I got on started.

I filled in all of the little holes, nicks and cracks in the knick knack thingy with wood putty and I'm still waiting for it all to dry so I can sand the spots down. What to do? I busted out the lanterns and cleaned the layers of dust off them as best I could. They have a lot of metal on them, (have no idea what kind but they're heavy as fuck) that looked kinda like black with hints of gold under all the grime. Our bedroom is painted yellow with a yellow bedspread (no it's not bright and sunny in there - I wanted like the Gold Room on Big Brother a couple of seasons ago) and we have big ass head and foor boards that are wood and black iron. I headed down to the Home Depot for supplies and it's on. As always, I'll have before and after pictures. I'm get so proud of my work.

School handed me a can of whoop ass last week... And I player slacker during that time. I had a Critical Analysis Case to criticize for the management class in a narrative form, so of course I had to look up what narrative form is. I need to be in remedial classes or something. Teach said initially Case Analysis papers should take about 8 hours and the bitch wasn't lying. I had to do a minimum of 4 1/2 pages and after 2 1/2 into in, I didn't have anything else to say. She wanted 'facts - no fluff.' How the hell do you read 3 paragraphs and then turn them into 5 fluffless pages? I started working on it Friday at 11a and worked for about 4 hours. I took a breaks just to do some of my housewife duties only because I needed to get the fuck away from the computer. I was up at 9a on Saturday and finally finished the fucking paper around 3p. 8 hours my ass. It took me a long, grueling 10 hours. I WILL NOT wait until the late minute to do that shit again. And then I still had to do a 'Case in Point' for the finance class. I finished everything up around 6p or so and then ran from the computer. Fortunately I only have 'Discussions' for each class this week where I have to make a couple of posts on savings accounts and ethical stuff or something by 11p Saturday night. I'm not procrastinating with this again. On Sunday I rested. In Monday I crafted, and tomorrow I'll get schooled. And get this - after all the assignments I've done: 8 between the finance and management classes - I've only received TWO(!!!) grades. I started handing in Assignments on August 30. WTF is taking so long? Doesn't this lady know I'm obsessive compulsive? Can I just get a grade or two? Puh-leeze? On a good note - I'm pulling A's (based off of the one assignment graded in each class) in both classes. Thank gosh!

And relax kids, I won't bore you with the case analysis.

No comments: