Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How Quickly Things Change

I'm falling down again. I've been feeling off for a week or so. I hope I snap out of it soon. I don't like being like this.

I've made it official, per se. Jeff and I went out to dinner with my father and step-mother for their anniversary Saturday night. I figure I'll be with him for quite some time so it was time to meet my folks. I was a bit upset because my dad hardly acknowledged him. Jeff talked about his work a little bit, then he went outside to smoke. My pops then looked over at me and asked me how big his jobs are. Jeff was talking about trading in his car for a truck. Jeff steps away from the table and dad asks me what kind of car he drives. Huh? I don't understand why he couldn't ask Jeff this stuff himself. I know it has to be a bit awkward meeting the man I'm living with, the man who's sleeping with his daughter, but goodness gracious, at least try to be social. I dropped over $130 for dinner (my treat - it was their 22nd anniversary) and he can't even ask him what kind of car he drives. The irony in this - My dad was class president, vice president and treasurer when he was in high school. He's a social butterfly. When he goes into a room it seems like people flock to him because he's so damn funny and easy going. I don't know what the fuck was up Saturday night.

1 comment:

Debbie Minerva said...

Danielle, don't let that dinner get you down. Although I can't begin to imagine what your relationship with your dad is like, I can so relate. I hope you can keep up the happiness that your man has brought to you. I'm sending you good thoughts. :)