Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's too early...

DAY THREE (A.M):
Our tale begins around 8am...
It was getting to be around breakfast time so I asked the little boy if he was hungry. He said yes. I asked the little boy if he wanted to go out and get something to eat. He said no. I said, "But you're hungry, don't you want to eat?" "Yes," the little boy replies, "but can we eat here?" Sure, why not, I can make a bowl of cereal. He wants to watch his movie a little while longer so I head back to my room. A little time goes by and the Golden Arches pop up in my mind. So I go to the little boy and ask if he wants to go through the drive-thru. I told him he didn't even have to get dressed - I was going in my pajamas. So he gets up, gets on his shoes and we get into the car. By this time I am foaming at the mouth thinking about a Bacon, Egg and Cheese McGriddle with a hashbrown (or two) on the side. Mmmmmm. Then the unthinkable happens, "Is there anywhere to eat besides McDonald's?" WTF? It's Sunday thus Chik-Fil-A is closed leaving only Burger King. So the plans change and we are off to BK which in my opinion serves the utmost worst breakfast (2nd only to Pipo's). I am not happy and no longer hungry.

We come back to my abode and I call my grandma. Quicker than the speed of light the guilt trip starts. Pops and Debbie (the step-mother) are gonna take her dog (the 3rd J.D., J.D. III, JD3, J.D. cubed) to the groomers and they're taking grandma out for breakfast. Can't I ever get a break?

Pops just called and he seemed a'ight. I told him the little boy slept with his pacifier last night. He was as shocked as all of you readers. I am just happy the little boy slept in his own bed.

No comments: