Sunday, June 10, 2007

T-minus 5 days...

Summer. The season on fun in the sun. Beaches, picnics, barbecues and... my mother?!

In less than a week I will be hosting the mother, the brother and the grandmother. My mother is certifiable and has been institutionalized. My brother is the reincarnated spirit of some religious freak from the 1800s. My 'grandmother' - well that's the problem - grandmother. I cannot bring myself to call her grandma. She is, has been, and always will be Wilma.

Less than a week from today I will be reunited with my brother (lots of italics with these people). I was an only child for 18 years then mom goes off and spawns something new. The kid thinks he's going to stay here at my place the whole trip. He sleeps with my mom up in the big double wide in North Carolina. That shit ain't gonna fly at sissy's house. Junior will be in for a rude awakening.

And finally, one week from today is Father's Day; Monday is Grandma's (not Wilma's) Birthday. Pops is a little mad at me because I asked to postpone Father's Day and Grandma's Birthday being this other side of the family will be in town. I have two options - piss off mom or piss off dad. Vacation is not supposed to be stressful.

No comments: