Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another 6 Days..

I've been (semi)happy playing housewife for the last week and a half. This is all still quite new to me. We are learning things about each other that you normally learn during the dating process but I go big or go home - so now someone is living in my home. As dismal as the last few sentences may sound, I have absolutely no regrets. Sometimes you have to jump in head first and put yourself out there for the good things.

Last Sunday was a pretty manic day for me. I was going to straighten up the entire house, however I got stuck in the living room. I took down the Christmas tree that's been up since December of 2005. I moved every piece of furniture around the room so I could mop underneath it. I dusted the hell out of everything (walls included) and cleaned the ceiling fan which probably hadn't been cleaned since I moved in. I cleaned the base boards and the wooden ceiling beams. I was done just over 6 hours later and absolutely exhausted. But (beware of cheese) I want the house to look nice when my man gets home from a hard day at work.

I cook dinner at least twice a week. This week I made this bad ass pasta with ground Angus, a red sauce and spinach. It was pretty fucking good if I may say so myself. Tonight I'm making a pork tenderloin, au gratin potatoes and green beans. Just call me Betty Fucking Crocker bitches.

He has made me pissy though, but with fairly good intentions.

Saturday we watched movies all day and did no work. Sunday morning we decided to take a trip to the Home Depot. He looks at me a says I should shower before we go since I didn't bathe the day before. Okay, no problem. I hit the bathtub, cleaned myself up and washed my hair. As I came back into the bedroom I made one of my little comments around the line of Maybe I should put on make up so I don't scare any kids. His reply - Maybe you should. WTF?! I'm getting snotty at this point. I'd walk out of the bathroom and be like Oh don;t worry, this is just the first coat of make up. When the paint had dried, I came out to ask if it was sufficient. As my hair was still wet, I said something sarcastic about doing my hair before we headed off to the Home Depot. He said something like I should. Oh hell - I'm about livid at this point. I'm going to fucking Home Depot. I diligently flatten my hair. When my hair was done I came out and said I was going to wear sweatpants but that doesn't seem like that will be sufficient for you. Is it okay if I wear jeans?

Anyone who knows me knows that I would generally put my foot down about this kind of shit but I (surprisingly) mainly kept my mouth shut, only to open it the next day. I told him it was ridiculous that I had to get dressed up to go to Home Depot. His reply - I'm in that store all the time and they know me there. I just wanted to show you off. Awww.

Last night we were having a hypothetical discussion about us getting married. We talked about our friends who had gotten married and disappeared. He doesn't think that people have real, lifelong friends; just good friend along their lifetime. His spin on marriage is that the couple is commiting themselves to each other and their relationship. He knows it sucks to be the friend but it is what it is. I started to bring up JC's pending nuptials and informed him that he would be my date. He told me we'd see when the time comes. Huh? He then told me he didn't want me to go if I was going to make a spectical. He is starting to get to know me.

Also along the lines of our hypothetical marriage we discussed having friends of the opposite sex. Apparently this would basically be a big hell to the no. I would not be allowed to have any male friends at the house without him being home. A little insecure? You think? Going out for dinner and shopping would be fine and dandy (unfortunately I have no gay friends) but having male friends in the house when he is not home would be absolutely unacceptable. The only example I could give was JC - JC and I have never had sexual relations; if I bring up sex in front of him I get the ewww as he's totally grossed out by the thought of his sister knockin' boots. His mom considers me the daughter she never had but always wanted. But if I marry this cat, I would have to accept that JC would not be able to be at my house without my husband present. After this, my man reminded me that JC is gone. I started crying, having never felt so alone in my life. He looked me in the eyes and said I wasn't alone. He knows how that lonliness feels, he's felt it for years too, but now we have each other. Awww. I let him win this one.

Before our marriage conversation, he was unhappy when I got home. He was dusting the ceiling fax in the dining room (another one that hasn't been cleaned in ages) and he had the ladder on the kitchen counter as he was also installing my new kitchen light. (During the weekend trip to the Home Depot, I picked up two things I have wanted for as long as I moved into that house - new lights for the dining room and kitchen.) He wasn't really talking to me so what else could I do but cock a small attitude. Later in the evening we talked about it and apparently he was pissed for a couple of reasons, and surprisingly enough none being the dirty ass ceiling fan. When he opened the chandelier box he noticed it had been a return, which pissed him off. Then I came in which upset him - he really wanted to have the light up to surprise me when I got home. Awww.

So yes, he's definitely pissed me off in some ways but again, I will have to say he has the best intentions. He is definitely looking for a long term, committed relationship and it appears he is looking for this with me.

Overall, 'married' life is going quite well. This'll be a major adjustment for the both of us. Mary puts us married before the end of the year. How crazy is that shit? But anything is possible so it is quite possible that he's The One. We were talking last night about our whirlwind relationship. We've all heard stories about how two people have met, shared an instant connection, and have now been married for like 30 years. He and I have always had the same views that stuff like that couldn't happen to us. What are the odds that I have somehow ended up in a fairytale relationship, destined living happily ever after?

It is in the stars. I looked it up online and everything I read says it's a match. I've thrown in a few examples below, as if this post wasn't already long enough. I've printed these and have them on the fridge at home as our reminder.

Aries and Leo have large egos and like taking the lead. Aggressive in nature, Aries wouldn't dream of taking second place, and kingly Leo needs constant admiration. Usually they can work it out by having Leo play the emperor and Aries play the general. The trick is for neither to take the other all that seriously. It's a fine combustible sexual match (I wouldn't know), for both are fiery and romantic. Aries is optimistic and open to life; Leo is generous and good-hearted. If neither tries to deflate the other-and if they can find room to compromise about who dominates whom-this should be a happy pairing.

Aries and Leo. Twin Fires... A sensational meeting between soul mates, full of power, energy and force. If you found a Leo, remember that his personality seems to have been created to match yours. You will never miss bold ideas, conversation and adventures. The Lion has a great heart that will fascinate you, and an inclination towards theatricalism that will always make you laugh (what Aries wouldn't yield to this strong argument?) You are both Fire signs, so you will always discover new things together, you will create or initiate projects. You want the same things, so you will get them much easier together. Leo is a very romantic sign - he symbolizes the celestial man's heart - so your Leo will have many, many adorable surprises for you (like having my kitchen light up before I got home). Get ready to go to the most famous restaurants because Leo likes going out, showing himself, frequenting refined and elegant places. Leo also likes being dressed-up and manages to look good no matter what he is wearing, so you'd better put on your best clothes and give up jeans and T-shirts, dear Aries (as this is not allowed at Home Depot). The male Leo is a courteous man he likes being in charge very, very much and it could be a sore point between you two. But he is so charming that I can see you lay down your arms.

No comments: