Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun with the Fam

Every year (with the exception of last year when the Crazies were in town) my family celebrates both my Grandmother's birthday and Father's Day on the same day. I blogged about a political conversation that took place at the dinner table (to re-read, click here) between my Pops and Grandma. They were at it again Sunday. The only think I can say is Grandma is a racist. Well, I take that back - Grandma discriminates against everyone, regardless of their race, creed, color sexual orientation, etc.. She doesn't care for people. So dinner goes like this:

DAD: So mom, who you gonna vote for in the upcoming election?
GMA: I'm not voting this year. McCain is too old and Barak is too black.
DAD: What would you do if Hillary was on the ticket for the VP slot?
GMA: Well that's not going to happen.
DAD: If Hillary would have won the nomination would you have voted for her?
GMA: Of course. We women have to stick together.

As it was Father's Day, my daddy got the usually crappy gifts - socks, underwear, t-shirts. Here we go again:

DAD: (Holding the socks) I like to see stuff like this - made in Honduras. At least it's from some form of America, even if it is Central America, and they weren't made in China.
GMA: Those Chinese people are shady. They send people to America to steal our secrets.

That lady is a trip.

Side Note: Apparently Robin Williams was on some late show and made a some type of Obama joke and having a brotha in the White House. MY GRANDMA SAID IT FIRST!! Even though she didn't mean it as a joke..

1 comment:

flawed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.