Thursday, May 29, 2008

Six Days Later..

So I haven't posted in 6 days because I've been a bit busy around the house. My man *moved* in on Monday. Yes, you read that correctly. This is hands down the craziest and most impulsive thing I've ever done. But as kooky as it sounds, it feels very right. I have never asked a man to move into my house, nor have I lived with anyone for almost 10 years. The compromising has already started but we both seem to be adjusting well.

For years I've said I'd whore myself out for housework. Well, now I have what I've always hoped for. Being he is a contractor, he can do about anything. This week he has repaired my garbage disposal. I now have hot water for my washing machine. He's replaced a couple of slats on the fence and picked up a few more yesterday to replace this weekend. He's replaced both the front and back door door knobs and dead bolts so they will all have the same key. He's filled up the pool with water and will be replacing the pool pump this weekend. He even got the code enforcement people off my ass. When you're single and live alone it's a bitch to keep up a house. I now have someone who takes care of the outside while I play Donna Reed on the inside. I even cleaned out half a closet for him.

It's nice having a dual income 'family.' I feel bad charging him anything for rent. Labor is ridiculously expensive these days and he's already saved me god knows how much money. However, he insists so I will take it.

I feel horrible as he's just moved in and I haven't gotten home from work until after 8p over the last two days. I sent him a text today to see if he could be home by 6:30p or so so we could have dinner together. Of course, the answer is always yes. I ran up to the grocery store (I never go to the market because I eat nothing but crap all the time and a lot of ice cream) today during lunch, picked up a few items, then hauled ass home and made chili in the crock pot. I took out the trash (he's been doing that but I cleaned some stuff outta the fridge and didn't want it to stink up the house) and even cleaned my cooking mess. I'm not sure how dinner will turn out as I did all of this in an hour and fifteen minutes, which includes drive time. He has no idea I've cooked. I'm sure he thinks our meal will consist of handmade sandwiches or something. I know chili in the summer doesn't seem right but I was looking for quick and easy (like I usually am).

Surprisingly enough, Grandma has given her blessing. I wasn't going to tell anyone because again, it is the craziest, most impulsive thing I've ever done, but what the hell? His father is a bit upset with him because he hasn't taken me over there to meet the fam. I think he's told his pops that I'm the one he wants to marry. Oh hell. Looks like I'll be planning a trip to Vegas.

We STILL have not consummated this relationship. He's killing me. Pray I'll get some this weekend. You know I wear the pants in the relationship as I'm basically begging him for sex. I understand where he's coming from though. He had better just not make me wait until our wedding night.

Honestly, I'm happier than I've been in years. I've met someone who really seems to accept me for me. I know he's not using me for sex. He's taken care of me pretty well up to this point and I am hoping to live happily ever after.

But who knows where I'll be in the next six days...

No comments: