Friday, May 16, 2008

Medication Update IV

So I've been back on the 'good' meds for about 2 weeks and I am feeling better with the exception of my weird sleeping habits. I get up every morning at 2am, toss and turn until 5am, and then I'll eventually go back to sleep. My alarm then goes off at 6am or so. It's been a real bitch.

Between the hours of 2am and 5am, I'm in one of those not quite awake, not quite asleep phases. I start having these half waking dreams, unsure if I'm in reality or not.

In my waking sleep this morning:
**Robert Blake told me he still cares about me but still feels that he should be
single.
**Ron D. (one of the owners of the company I work for) told me the
ashtray outside looked horrible and it needed to be emptied.
**The guy I'm going out with tomorrow told me he got a new cell phone and
gave me the number.

Oddness I tell you. If my date tomorrow tells me he got a new cell phone number I will just die.

I blame this on the Cymbalta. This is an 'extended release' medication and I think it's fucking me up a bit. I think it releases every 6 hours or so. My normal day goes something like this:

8am - Take meds - as I type I'm clinching the hell outta my jaw.
2pm - I don't really know what happens around this time because fortunately I'm at work and don't notice the side effects.
8pm - The grinding on the teeth starts again. I perk up a bit.
2am - I'm up!

This shit sucks but I'm everyone tells me I need it, so here I am.

On a lighter note - I've not taken any Xanax since Monday night, so this may also be contributing to my sleeplessness. Honestly, I'm scared of the weekends. During the week I have work to fall back on but on the weekends, I only have myself. I'll be 'clean' tomorrow for my 'date.' No promises on Sunday.

No comments: