Friday, May 23, 2008

TGIF Bitches!

I am happy it's Friday! I get to sleep in with my man tomorrow morning. I'm calling this week the 'honeymoon' week. Who knows what next week will be like.

Tuesday on the way home it looked like it was going to rain so I turned on my headlights for the drive back to my crib and dumb ass Danielle forgot to turn them off. He came and jumped my car. How nice is that? He came into my house and asked for one of the pics of me I had up on the fridge. The next night at his house I saw it sitting on the dresser and asked if that's where he was gonna leave it. He said he'd had it in his car and it was getting wilted, crumpled, whatever and he didn't want it to get ruined. I said something jokingly about gettin him another picture.

After therapy Wednesday I was unsure whether I wanted to go to his home. I was depressed and crying. He told me that was irrelevant and wanted to see me. I went over there because I wanted him to see me in the sad and sorry state I was in and see how he would react to it. Needless to say, again, he amazed me my telling me he's already told me he will always be there for me, regardless of any of my mental conditions.

Last night I went to Walmart and bought a nice and somewhat manly frame and a really nice card expressing all of my appreciation for him and how he's made my life a more enjoyable (don't worry - it didn't have the 'L' work in it or anything like that). I went home and printed a few of the pictures from the photo shoot I did last year. I headed to his house and gave him the empty frame. He thought it was a very sweet gesture but said he thought I was gonna get him another picture of me. I handed him the card which contained all the pictures and it looked like he may have gotten teary eyed. I know it was cheesy and corny but he really liked my token of sincere appreciation.

I gave Mr. D. (one of the owners of the company I work for) a heads up that I was dating this guy. His father is a contractor who's done work at Mr. D.'s personal home as well as rental properties and has also done build outs in some of our offices. When I told people I was going on a date with Jeff H. everyone would say, "Oh, is that Bob H.'s son?" I wanted to give Mr. D. a heads up just in case he saw Bob H. and Bob H. asked him anything about me. I didn't want Mr. D. to be blindsided. When I told Mr. D. I was dating Bob H.'s son he looked at me and said, "Jeff? He's a great guy. I know he's looking for a serious relationship and doesn't want someone who's gonna play games. I think y'all would be perfect for each other." So maybe my boyfriend really isn't lying when he says all that nice stuff to me.

That's right - I called him my boyfriend. I dated Robert Blake for a month or so and never once referred to him as my boyfriend.

I really believe there could be something super special about this guy. He has way more pros than cons. Hell, I can't even name a con about him. Again, the possibility of someone feeling like this for me floors me. I personally think he's too great a guy and doesn't deserve all the mental drama I can reek on someone. But it appears he is actually accepting me for me, which is something I've never found in a person nor thought could ever be possible. Believe it or not, I've slept over there for the last 6 nights in a row and we still haven't consummated our relationship. He's A-OK with that but I'm hitting my sexual prime and have no idea how much longer I'll be able to hold out. Poor fellow. I might have to rape him.

Am I scared? Hell yeah! Initially I thought it was a little freaky that he was telling me all this stuff so soon but his explanation was that he had told himself that he was going to throw all of his feelings out there to the next girl he meets and really cares about - regardless of the consequences. He's a Leo and I'm an Aries. Look it up anywhere and everything says we are totally compatible.

Is it love? Is it lust? Is it infatuation? I am hoping the glass is half full.

I told Michelle about him and she was the only one who had a con. Everyone in my office says he's a keeper. Even my grandmother who has us moving in together already.

And finally, I'm back to popping my Xanax regularly but that's only because I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep. Next week, when I'm finally home with my babies, I'm gonna try to sleep sans any additional medication.

No comments: