Monday, May 12, 2008

Heart Broken

I have determined I am definitely heart broken. He tells me he's just better off single. I felt that way after being single for 3 years and I finally meet someone I am semi-compatible with and this is what happens. I have to ask the age old question - What's wrong with me? My heart's been pulled from my chest and smashed on the floor like glass.

I started humming a melody in my mind yesterday and couldn't put my finger on what it was. I figured it out and Michelle will probably kick my ever loving ass as the band is Bad 4 Good, which was a preteen band from the early 90's, with the lead singer being the red headed Danny Cooksey of Nickelodeon and God knows how many other kids shows; the album being produced by Stevie Vai. As cheesy as it may be, the song nails the despair and emptiness I've been feeling.

Nothin' Great About A Heartache

Somebody told me I'm supposed to feel this way
The heart can never reach a peak of truth until it breaks
That you feel nothin' til' you feel like nothin'
And that real sufferin' only keeps that muscle pumpin'
Well, I'm beat, give me back the inexperience
Keep the heat, let me trade it for deliverance.
There's nothin' great about a heartache
There's nothin' that I want to learn from all this pain
I'd rather not feel love than to feel this way
Like I'm dyin' you've all been lyin'
There's nothin' great about a heartache.
Somebody told me life can sometimes bring you pain
'Cause the spirit carries passion like the thunder carries rain
And that, our emotions are a test to our devotion
Just like devastation is the path to re-creation
But when I bleed
Give me back my childhood innocence and the peace
And my faith in the future.

1 comment:

flawed said...

Wait, did he really say he'd be better off single? Riiiight. Sounds like Robert Blake can't stick around and help someone when things get a little rough. Pretty sad for someone his age. How about grow up, get a real job and move out of mommy's house! Aren't fry cooks usually in high school or convicted felons? I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a person who can't get their own life together would be emotionally mature enough to be in an adult relationship. You deserve soooo much more than Robert Blake could ever give you. I mean, come on! You are about 20 thousand leagues out of his sea. You brush the dirt off your shoulders and he can brush the crumbs off his apron.