Friday, April 17, 2009

The Big 3-0

Well, I’ve hit a milestone. I turned the Big 3-0 last week. I had an intimate party with about 15 of my parents’ friends (as I don’t have any of my own). The invitation of the old folks served two purposes: a) I had peeps at the party; b) I was the youngest one there (save the BF who’s only three months younger than myself). I had a wonderful time and all the old folks are super cool.

Yesterday in my Humanities class, Teach was talking about the ancient Roman Empire and comparing aspects of it to the movie Gladiator. Yesterday he said, “I don’t know if ya’ll have ever seen this movie - it’s kinda old - but in Gladiator, I think it was Maximus, who said, ‘there once was a dream that was Rome.’” Ummm, I saw this flick at the movie theater in my early twenties. Fuck me.

My goal was to look better at 30 than I did at 20. During summer cleaning last year I packed up all the clothes that were too big for me. I had to pull out a pair of pants from the ‘Fat People’ bin this morning. Again, fuck me.

No comments: