Monday, April 13, 2009

A Long, Long Time Ago

I can still remember…..

Let’s all give this new segment to danielleisblogging a nice warm welcome. This is where I’ll be posting pics and some of the more memorable stories from my past which I am starting to forget due to my old age (I TURNED THE BIG 3-0 LAST WEEK – WOOT!).

Many, many years ago – a decade or so – my best friend at the time, Michelle, got knocked up, married (in that order) and was close to spawning time. I lost my friend because her husband hated me and still does to this day (she couldn’t even go to my 30th Birthday Party last weekend). My real Grandmother (the one who hates everyone whether they’re white, brown, red, yellow, Puerto Rican and Haitian) is from Costa Rica and she was planning a trip down there as her mother had recently passed away and Grandma needed to travel to take care of her late mother’s estate. Since I was going through a turbulent time, she offered to take me along, all expenses included. We got such a great fare for the trip that my ex, Aubrey (or as Michele would call him, Snobrey) came along.

We did all the usual sight seeing; I can post some of those pics later. Before we went up to see the Irazu (or something like that) Volcano, we stopped at a little mercado in Cartago where G’ma proceeded to pick up some of her favorite fruits from her younger days, fruits which are certainly not native, or even sold here in the good U.S. of A. I had never seen anything like them and they were so vulgar I was compelled to take a picture.


Doesn’t the one on the left look like a vagina? I was sitting in the back seat watching my grandmother chow down on those things as if she were a carpet muncher. I still have flashbacks..


1 comment:

Debbie Minerva said...

Can I please critique that picture based on the Tyra Banks ANTM scale?

I found it:
(a) Fierce
(b) perfect example of "smiling with your eyes"
(c) you've got that "pretty top model ugly" thing going, instead of the boring "pretty pretty"

Congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model

Miss you!