Friday, April 17, 2009

Lock Your Doors!

I’ve notice lately when I’m driving down Dale Mabry that those flashing, informational signs have been up which say, “INCREASED PATROLS IN THE AREA. LOCK YOUR DOORS. SECURE YOUR VALUABLES.” WTF? I didn’t see anything on the news about some suspect running rampant in Carrollwood.

Maybe it was Pat…

Many, many years ago, there was this guy named Pat who was infatuated with me (for real - no lie - I’m not being cocky). As it turns out, 12 years later I happen to hook up with his step-brother, my current BF (I may have already posted this ‘Keep it in the family‘ information). I never hooked up with Pat. He was a good shoulder to cry on. I promised him that I would go out with him and give him a chance when my boyfriend at the time (Snobrey) and I spilt. This never happened. Pat eventually married a stripper and spawned off a few kids.

About two years ago I got an email from Michelle asking if Pat’s wife’s name was Julie. Yep, yep. Apparently she was screwing around with someone in her office. I don’t know if the two of them had split, were separated or whatever.

About two weeks ago, I was at the house one night when the BF received a phone call from Julie’s friend, saying Pat had beat the shit outta her, pistol whipped her, threw her out of a moving car, and she was currently residing in the hospital. You never know how much of what is true so I did not pass this information on to my Gossip Girl, Michelle. The next day I was in class and received a text message, at that time, from an unknown source (I lost my phone remember, I don‘t know what‘s coming from who - it was Michelle). It said, “WTF is up with Pat? Pistol whipped his ex?” How could this person know? As it turns out, it was blasted all over Bay News 9 and Pat was a wanted man.

I guess I picked the lesser of two evils.

No comments: